【IMPORTANT】The application will be conducted in two batches. The first batch is from 1st November, 2022 to 20th February, 2023. The second batch is from 1st March, 2023 to 30th April, 2023.
There is NO LIMITATION OF MAJORS for the FIRST batch. There are MORE QUATAS for the FIRST batch. If you are not selected in the first batch, your application will automatically enter the selection of the second batch. Thus, we strongly recommend all the students to apply for the FIRST BATCH as early as possible.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese national and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
Applicants for Bachelor’s Degree program must have high school degree and be under the age of 25.
Applicants studying to earn a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
Applicants studying to earn a Doctor’s degree must have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Requirements for language:
Bachelor: HSK Band 4 with scores above 180
Master/ Doctor: HSK Band 5 with scores above 180
Remark: The students who have Chinese-Medium Programs can be provided with Chinese language course for one year.
II. Content and Criteria of Scholarship
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition and fee for accommodation；
2. Monthly Living allowance:
Bachelor’s degree students: RMB2,500.
Master’s degree students: RMB 3,000.
Doctor’s degree students: RMB 3,500.
3. Comprehensive Medical Insurance for international students in China.
1. All the Chinese-taught programs (Bachelor, Master and Ph.D): https://ies.chd.edu.cn/en/8899/list.htm
2. English-taught Master and Ph.D programs: https://ies.chd.edu.cn/en/8907/list.htm
IV .Application Procedure
1. Applicants check out relevant major of our university.
2. Apply at: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina
*Agency No: 10710
*Program Category: Type B
3. Apply at: https://is.chd.edu.cn
Pay RMB 600 yuan for the application fee online(Pay application fee online at your home page at https://is.chd.edu.cn after you pass the material review).
4. Please submit the following materials on the systems:
(1) 《CSC Application Form》(Chinese or English). *only in University system
(2) Highest diploma (original copy and translated photocopy). The applicant must submit On-study Certificate issued by his/her university, if he/she is an on-campus student.
(3) Relevant notarized transcripts (original copy and translated photocopy).
(4) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English【Extremely important】(no less than 500 words; students applying for Chinese-Medium Programs must write in Chinese, students applying forEnglish-Medium Programs must write inEnglish).
(5) Academic recommendation.【Extremely important】Two reference letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
(6) Foreigner Physical Examination Form must be filled in English. The results are valid for six months.
(7) A Conditional Acceptance Letter of CHANG’AN UNIVERSITY from the supervisor for Master’s and Doctor’s degree programs (See the attachment2023国际学生导师接收函Conditional Acceptance Letter of CHANG'AN UNIVERSITY.doc).
P.S: How to find a supervisor: https://ies.chd.edu.cn/en/8914/list.htm
(8) According to the requirement of China Scholarship Council, applicants who apply for Chinese-Medium Bachelor Programs MUST submit HSK 3 transcripts(180 points and above); Applicants who apply for Chinese-Medium Master/Doctor Programs MUST submit HSK 4 transcripts(180 points and above). Those whose Chinese language proficiency meets the CSC requirement but does not reach our university’s will be provided with one-year Chinese language class as the remediation. The fee will be covered by the scholarship.
(9) Applicants who apply for English-Medium Programs submit transcripts of TOEFL IBT or IELTS or DUOLINGO (Students in Countries with English as the native language or official languageare exempt from the submission).
(10) Applicants can submit certificates of academic achievements【Extremely important】and all kinds of cultural and sports activities.
- The materials above shall be provided only in Chinese or English and the certificates and transcripts must be Notarization documents.
- No matter being admitted or not, the application fee will not be returned.
- Please DO NOT send any paper materials to the university.
- Students who apply for Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) program but fail to be selected can choose to be our candidates of CAU Xi'an Municipal 'One Belt One Road' Scholarship without paying the application fee or applying again.
V. Admission Procedure
1. Candidates will be selected and published via the E-mail box of online registration platform of Chang’an University before 31th March
2. Candidates will be recommended to China Scholarship Council for a nationwide review.
3. Applicants who successfully pass the CSC nationwide review will be shortlisted and published on the website of International Education School and the E-mail box of online registration platform of Chang’an University before 30th June.
4. The Admissions Office will send the Admission Notices and Visa application forms (JW201) to successful applicants in July.
1. Candidates will be selected and published via the E-mail box of online registration platform of Chang’an University before 31th May.
2. Applicants will be shortlisted and published on the website of International Education School and the E-mail box of online registration platform of Chang’an University before 31th July.
3. The Admissions Office will send the Admission Notices and Visa application forms (JW201) to successful applicants in August.
Address: Office 107, International Education School，Chang’an University, Middle-section of Nan'er Huan Road Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, China
Phone number: 029-82334167